Sunday, March 25, 2012

An Open Letter To My Son

Son,

You're going to be here in a few weeks. I am not the only one excited for your arrival but I might be the most excited. Don't tell your mother.

Here's a list of twelve reasons why I can't wait for you to get here. These are not in chronological order. I hope.

1. I am going to read you the entire Harry Potter series.

2. We're going to play catch and, someday, you're going to hit a home run.

3. I'll probably give you a hundred nick-names. I hope you like one of them.

4. I don't care how far I have to drive, I am going to buy you a Blizzard.

5. The look on your face the first time we watch Jurassic Park.

6. I can't wait to see your golf swing.

7. I'm going to make you laugh. I'm going to try really hard to make you laugh.

8. I'll teach you how to shave. Or better yet, I'll teach you how maintain a beard because I'm terrible at shaving.

9. I'm going to cook you Grandma's spaghetti.

10. We're going to watch the Vikings win the Super Bowl.

11. The first time (and every time) I take you to a concert.

12. When you beat me at ping pong. If it ever happens.

I'll see you soon. Be good to your mother.
-Dad

No comments: